The Guide to LEED Certification will lead you through the process of certification for commercial rating systems.
LEED certification involves four main steps:
- Register your project by completing key forms and submitting payment.
- Apply for LEED certification by submitting your completed certification application through LEED Online and paying a certification review fee.
- Review. Your LEED application is reviewed by GBCI.
- Certify. Receive the certification decision. If you’ve earned LEED certification: congratulations!
Applicable rating systems:*
Building Design + Construction (specific to New Construction and Retail)
Interior Design + Construction
Operations + Maintenance (including projects undergoing recertification)
* Please see the guide for more specific information to ensure your project qualifies for volume certification