LEED Application Guide for Multiple Buildings and On-Campus Building Projects
|Published on||31 Oct 2011|
This Application Guide for Multiple Buildings and On‐Campus Building Projects is for projects that are on a shared site under the control of a single entity; for example, a corporate or educational campus, government installation or commercial development.
This guidance seeks to:
- encourage a holistic approach to project management
- define campus‐appropriate documentation requirements and capture economies of scale in the certification process
- address the unique challenges and opportunities inherent in campus projects
- maintain the technical integrity and rigor of the LEED rating systems
The guidance document was updated in 2011 to clarify policies and procedures regarding certification of multiple-building and campus projects for LEED 2009 and future versions of LEED.
What's been updated:
- Guidance for use with the Green Building Design and Construction and Interior Design and Construction LEED rating system groups as well as LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance
- Details on how to document campus credits with a master site that can then be used in both individual and group LEED certifications. In addition, the guidance now explains how to certify a group of buildings as one project where the entire set will receive a single certification.
Differences between 2011 and 2010 guidance documents:
- Campus credits earned through a master site (formerly Part 1). This part of the document contains guidance to help project teams use LEED 2009 to take advantage of common features of the site on either a new or existing campus.
- Group credits earned through a group project certification (formerly Part 2). This part of the document contains guidance to help project teams certify a group of buildings as a package where the entire building set will receive a single rating. These buildings may constitute an entire campus or be a subset of an existing campus, and each building within a single registration will be required to independently demonstrate compliance with all minimum program requirements and prerequisites.
Please note that while projects registered prior to 10/31/2011 may elect to use the 2010 version of the guidance, all projects are encouraged to use the current version of the guidance.
An application guide for Multiple Buildings and On‐Campus Building Projects - projects on a shared site under the control of a single entity.