The Roadmap to Green Government Buildings is a guide for government professionals implementing green building programs and initiatives. It highlights key issues and references dozens of peer-developed resources created by government green building experts across the country.
The government sector is leading by example at the forefront of the green building revolution. 30% of all LEED projects are owned or occupied by a government entity. The Roadmap to Green Government Buildings was produced to help these building projects find success and to aid those who are just beginning their efforts to advance government green building. Key concepts, successful strategies, case studies, and practical tools are included in each section.
- Using green building as a sustainability strategy
- Pre-project budget and team planning
- Implementing LEED successfully in design, construction, operations and maintenance
- Addressing the building life cycle with green portfolio management
- Continuous program improvement