Following our successful day visiting state legislators in April, USGBC Nevada has seen favorable progress on all of our priority bills. Each of these pieces of legislation would strengthen access to renewable energy and energy efficiency across the state.
Here’s a snapshot of the bills USGBC Nevada is pursuing that have seen recent movement:
- SB 150 was passed by the Assembly Committee on Commerce and Labor.
- SB 407 had a hearing in the Assembly Committee on Government Affairs.
- AB 5 was approved by the Senate Committee on Government Affairs.
- AB 206 had a hearing in the Assembly Committee on Commerce and Labor.
- AB 270 has been rolled into AB 405, a bill focused on consumer protection for solar, which was approved by the Assembly Committee on Commerce and Labor.
In addition, USGBC Nevada members may be interested in following SB 392, a bill that could help accelerate community solar statewide.
USGBC Nevada is proud to have helped these critical bills along thus far. We still need your support to continue to push them forward, though.
Please urge Nevada legislators today to support any or all of these measures. To do so, visit the Nevada legislature website, select the bill number, click that your comment is “for,” and add any additional comments you may have.
This only takes a moment, and legislators have specifically told us how much they value this forum for public comment. There are only a few days left in this legislative session, before an 18-month pause. Please share your comments to help advance clean energy in the state.