Membership in your local USGBC community provides opportunities to network with professionals from across the building industry, to receive exposure to developments in LEED and green building and to advance the USGBC Florida community’s mission of advocating and educating for sustainable buildings and communities.
- Events: Community members get free or discounted admission to our educational and social events.
- Leadership: Shape the local green building agenda through volunteer leadership. Join one of our regions.
- Networking (We call it GREENworking!): Connect with professionals from across the building industry. Take advantage of our exclusive opportunities to meet, exchange ideas and build momentum with green building leaders on the local scene.
- Exposure: Local members are listed in USGBC's online membership directory, available to other green professionals and clients looking for your services. Represent your company to clients, peers and other industry representatives.
- Education: Maintain credentials and stay informed about industry trends.
- Community service: Help benefit local nonprofits and community organizations with hands-on volunteer opportunities. Contribute your expertise and passion to a community that is working to make the state of Florida green, sustainable and prosperous.
- Competitive advantage: Gain direct knowledge about green building and sustainable living, create brand awareness and acquire lifelong learning opportunities surrounding sustainable and green principles. This includes access to master-level presentations on green building, incentives, alternative design and construction methodologies, and LEED topics to help with clients, fellow colleagues, general education and your career.
- Communications: Members receive regular information blasts of upcoming events and green resources.
- Events calendar: Stay up to date on green development issues and activities in Florida—those of USGBC and those of our many partners.
- Regional affiliation: Affiliate with one of the seven regions closest to you: Central Florida, Florida Capital, Florida Gulf Coast, Heart of Florida (Gainesville), Northeast Florida (Jacksonville), Northern Gulf Coast (Pensacola) and South Florida. Programs, education and local market and advocacy incentives all take place in your region. Your benefits of membership are statewide, but all green building is local.
Individuals can join their local USGBC communities for $129 to take advantage of the benefits listed above. If you are interested in an organizational membership for your company, check out USGBC’s national membership opportunities. Individual community membership discounts are available for emerging professionals ($79, available to young professionals under the age of 30), students ($59) and employees of national member companies ($109).
By joining USGBC, you can stand up, be counted and make a difference with other Florida residents, businesses and voters concerned with making meaningful changes in the way we build. View current USGBC Florida members.