USGBC National Capital Region's annual Community Leader Awards recognize excellence in sustainable design, environmental stewardship and community impact. They highlight the green building initiatives and achievements of USGBC National Capital Region projects, businesses and individual members.
We offer several awards in two categories:
Better buildings deserve recognition. The Project Awards honor smart, high-performance buildings that are leading the way in the National Capital Region. This year's awards categories are for Innovative Projects of the Year in
- New Construction
- Existing Building Performance
- Neighborhood Development
- Health and Wellness in the Built Environment
- Green Building of the Year–Responsible Design
Collaboration and partnership is key to advancing environmentally and socially responsible buildings. The Leadership Awards recognize individuals and organizations who are helping make sustainable communities a reality in the D.C. metro area. This year's categories are:
- Leadership in Advancing Health and Wellness in the Built Environment
- Leadership in Government, Advocacy or Policy
- Leadership in Sustainable Business Practices
- Volunteer Leadership Award–Member of the Year
All applications are due by Fri., June 1 at 5 p.m. EDT.
Award winners will be recognized at our annual A Midsummer Night's Green celebration in July 2018. For more details and to apply, visit the website and select "Community Leader Awards" from the menu at the top of the page.