USGBC is looking for innovative sustainability professionals and experts in the design, construction and operations of buildings and communities to serve on LEED committees.
The following LEED committees are now accepting applications for new members:
- LEED Advisory Committee (LAC)
- LEED Technical Committee
- Pilot Credit Committee (PCC)
- Energy and Atmosphere Technical Advisory Group (EA TAG)
- Indoor Environmental Quality Technical Advisory Group (EQ TAG)
- Location and Planning Technical Advisory Group (LP TAG)
- Materials and Resources Technical Advisory Group (MR TAG)
- Sustainable Sites Technical Advisory Group (SS TAG)
- Water Efficiency Technical Advisory Group (WE TAG)
- Social Equity Working Group (SEWG)
The application period will close on Fri., September 7 at 5 p.m. PST.
Who should apply?
Ideal candidates are familiar with the LEED rating system and have one or more of the specific areas of expertise sought by a particular committee. All LEED committee volunteers are employees of USGBC member organizations. They are talented professionals who can commit to regular calls (average of two hours per month), offline review and comment on technical rating system language (average two to three hours per call).
Each volunteer position will be for a first one-year term beginning January 1, 2019. Volunteers are eligible to serve a maximum of four consecutive years total on a given committee.
- June 1: Application period opens.
- September 7: Application period closes.
- September–October: LEED committee members and staff review all applications and recommend top candidates to the LEED Steering Committee and USGBC Board of Directors for appointment.
- November: Applicants are notified.
- December: New member orientation and training takes place.
- January 1–December 31, 2019: First term for new committee volunteers.
- About the LEED call for volunteers: Information about each committee that is open for applications, as well as the specific expertise areas the committees seek in new volunteers.
- Application form: Online survey to submit self-nomination and expand upon your professional background.
- LEED Committees: Hosts purpose statements, current rosters, and links to meeting minutes for all committees.
2018 LEED committees organizational chart