How do you connect with the people and organizations that define green building? If you are a member of the USGBC community, be sure to take advantage of our network by setting up your user profile. Beyond simply having an account login with which to access usgbc.org resources, your personal profile shows others who you are and what you do. It’s a simple way to create a visible presence in the community and to showcase your involvement in LEED projects and the green building movement.
Creating or editing your personal profile is easy:
- Sign in to usgbc.org and click on the “Account” drop-down menu in the upper right corner. Select “personal profile.”
- Select “visible” from the two options at the top of the page to include your name in the directory.
- Upload a photo of yourself. People who come upon your profile like to put a face to the name. If you contribute content to our site (for example, if you send us chapter announcements to post), your profile will be linked to any articles under your name, and your byline on articles will display your photo.
- Fill out your title and company affiliation. To connect the company name on your profile to that company’s organizational profile, go to the membership tab on your account page and click "Connect to membership account." If your company is a member of USGBC, you will receive member benefits once you have connected to your organization. These include perks such as discounts and access to Education @USGBC’s many courses.
- Create a short bio. Here’s your chance to tell other green building professionals a little about yourself, your areas of expertise and any publications or certifications.
- Add more links, such as your personal or company website, your AIA number or your other social media accounts.
That’s it! Your personal profile is complete. Now you can add to it over time, as you earn education credits or highlight further green building projects.