Interested in learning more about specific green building topics and wondering how to demonstrate your knowledge in these areas? Let your professional network know you’ve invested in learning about these key topics through USGBC’s knowledge-based badges.
In the coming months, USGBC will launch our initial knowledge-based badges. These badges address high-priority topics in green building and LEED. The first of these, the energy efficiency badge, is now live. This badge will be awarded to individuals who complete a series of courses addressing topics such as minimum energy performance, commissioning and energy auditing.
Additional badges for life cycle assessment and indoor air quality will launch later this year.
How to get started
- Take a series of at least four courses on Education @USGBC designated as part of a knowledge-based badge suite. At least two of those courses must be above the basic level.
- You’ve earned your badge for completing the series of courses related to energy efficiency. Although courses qualifying for a certain badge might change over time, once you’ve earned the badge, it does not expire.
- Share your badge with your network. The badge will automatically appear in your usgbc.org profile, distinguishing your efforts and knowledge. You can also post your badge on other social platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Energy efficiency badge courses
- Accessing and Using Energy Data to Improve Property Operations
- Going Off the Grid: An Introduction to Zero Energy Buildings
- Achieving Net Zero Energy
- Analyzing and Presenting Deep Retrofit Value: Course 1—Enhancing Property Value with Deep Retrofits
- Designing for a Net-Zero 1740ft (530m) Super High Rise Building
- Existing Building Commissioning Process: Implementing RetroCommissioning on your project
- Pathway to Zero Energy Buildings
- Top 10 Energy Conservation Measures for Data Centers
- Zero Made Easy: DOE Zero Energy Ready Home Specifications. Pt2
- Zero net energy building cost control and feasibility