Summer is just around the corner, and many people are already getting into vacation mode. Whether you're planning a weekend getaway or a longer trip, you have a lot of options for places to visit that boast not only beautiful surroundings and interesting activities, but plenty of sustainable features as well.
Here's a roundup of some of USGBC's past articles on travel destinations with LEED-certified attractions or other green features.
Also, be sure to check out our Green Going Out Guide, which you can filter by several types of categories, such as hotels, restaurants and parks.
- Coastal destinations with LEED-certified projects: The top attractions and hotels in Houston, Los Angeles and Miami
- Five green getaways and their best parks, music venues and places to stay: Austin, Boston, Chattanooga, Chicago and San Francisco
- All things California: Highlights of Santa Monica, Monterey, San Francisco and Napa Valley
- National and local parks with LEED-certified facilities: Selections from 15 U.S. states
- Wineries and breweries: Sharing 19 of our favorite LEED-certified options
- Sports stadiums: Pro sports facilities that have achieved LEED status
Greenbuild city highlights
- Boston: Museums, entertainment and shopping in our 2017 host city
- Chicago: Green activities in our LEED Platinum 2018 host city
Since we first published our LEED in Motion: Hospitality report, the number of hotels with LEED certifications and green features has only increased. Go to our Green Going Out Guide to find LEED-certified hotels in your destination city, or look for a page on sustainability or corporate social responsibility on your favorite hotel's website.