At the 2019 IMPACT conference, taking place April 9 in St. Paul, Minnesota, and co-located with the Green Schools Conference and Expo, explore a new way to connect with fellow sustainability professionals.
Conversation Corners are sessions geared toward initiating compelling discussions on critical issues related to sustainable development. They’re also a fun way to earn extra continuing eduction (CE) credits, and to meet peers who are interested in similar topics.
How they work
Here's what Conversation Corners are:
- They are mini-sessions in the expo hall, during breaks throughout the day.
- Each is facilitated by a host who will help guide the conversation.
- Earn 0.5 GBCI CE credit for completing two full sessions.
- Earn 1 GBCI CE credit for completing three full sessions.
- Each session is 20 minutes.
In the first five minutes, a sustainability concept will be introduced to you by your host. Then, you’ll have 10 minutes to discuss the topic with your peers and the host. Your host ensures that everyone stays on topic. In the last five minutes, your host will give a summary of your discussion.
- Database mayhem—how do you actually find sustainable products?
- Maximizing the potential of IAQ and thermal comfort knowledge
- How to meet new water conservation codes in LEED v4.1 while not compromising performance or experience
At Conversation Corners, you can enhance and share your knowledge of construction, design and operational practices in the green building industry, networking with attendees from all around the Midwest region.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make valuable lifetime connections for both you and your organization. Make the most of your time at IMPACT by attending a Conversation Corner.