Heather Benjamin
1 minute read

It's easy to find courses to help you maintain your credential.

To maintain your LEED AP or LEED Green Associate credential, you'll need to take LEED-specific continuing education (CE) courses. This allows you, as a sustainability professional, to increase your expertise in LEED and green building and to stay on top of the latest developments.

USGBC's Education @USGBC platform makes it easy for you to find courses that fulfill the LEED-specific requirement. If a course is LEED-specific, its webpage will include a logo with the specialties for which it is approved (BD+C, ID+C, O+M, ND or Homes), as you can see below in this example:

Education @USGBC courses show which fulfill LEED CE requirements

You can also use the continuing education filters on Education @USGBC to view LEED-specific courses:

Education @USGBC continuing education course filters

If you are a LEED AP with specialty, six of your 30 required CE hours must be specific to your rating system specialty or credential. If you are a LEED Green Associate, three of your 15 hours must be specific to any of the LEED rating systems. Your other hours may be more general green building education obtained through courses or other activities. See more details on rating system-specific CE hours.

Learn more about credential maintenance requirements in our video.

Explore CE courses on Education @USGBC