USGBC has released a new LEED in Motion: Retail report sharing how the largest private sector employer in the U.S.—the retail industry—leverages LEED certification to stand out from competitors, communicate values to consumers and employees, reduce energy costs and minimize waste.
Globally, more than 12,500 retail locations use LEED, and the report shines a spotlight on the successes of several LEED users and projects:
- McDonald's China
- TD Bank
- 7–Eleven 001 Tecnologico | Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico | LEED Platinum | Certified April 2019
- UŠĆE Shopping Mall | Belgrade, Serbia | LEED Certified | Certified May 2014
- Alessandro Bisagni | LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP and Faculty, RESET AP, LBC Ambassador | Founder and President, BEE Incorporations
What do these diverse users have in common? LEED certification confers value on retail companies and their projects in many ways, from customer health and comfort in stores to cost savings for owners.
Benefits of LEED certification for retail
4. “The Cost and Financial Benefits of Green Building,” Greg Kats, Capital-E, October 2003
5. “The Relationship Between Corporate Sustainability and Firm Financial Performance,” Conlon and Gravas, 2012.
Read the full report to see the company and project profiles, the top 10 countries and U.S. states for LEED-certified retail projects, and more details on how LEED certification works.