People are at the heart of green building, and USGBC’s volunteers exemplify local action, leadership and determination for a sustainable future where green buildings can play a bigger role in our communities.
The Malcolm Lewis IMPACT! Award, created in honor of Malcolm Lewis, recognizes teams of volunteers who are making green buildings and communities a reality for their neighbors, family, friends, coworkers and greater community. The award program has celebrated 45 teams since 2012 by elevating awareness of each team’s great work. The winner of the award will be formally recognized during Greenbuild at the Leadership Awards Reception on Wednesday, Nov. 20 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Nominations should introduce the volunteer team, identify the problem the team sought to address and tell the story of how volunteers worked toward success. Nominations are in the form of a video, photo slideshow or infographic, and are shared on USGBC’s website and social media pages.
- Nominations must feature teams of three or more volunteers.
- Past teams who won the award are ineligible to resubmit for three years afterward.
- Nominations submitted in the past that did not win the award are eligible to resubmit.
- Work featured in the nomination must be tied to green building and related to USGBC’s mission.
- At least one volunteer on the team must be a USGBC volunteer representative or staff member.
- USGBC staff are eligible to submit.
- Submissions must be in one of the following digital formats: video (1.30 minutes or less), photo slideshow (1.30 minutes or less, or 12 slides) or infographic.
"Ramboland" was the 2018 winner of the Malcolm Lewis IMPACT! Award. Pictured are Ron Rambo and Max Zahniser.
- Sept. 19–Oct. 3: Nominations open
- Oct. 7–11: Public voting online
- Nov. 1: Winner announced
- Nov. 20: Leadership Awards Reception at Greenbuild Atlanta