Today is a big day for us all, and the next chapter of our journey to accomplish great work across the world. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as president and CEO of this dynamic and impressive organization. Rick Fedrizzi has taken LEED from a vision and transformed it into the most widely used green building system in the world—and the unparalleled global brand of sustainability.
Today as I step fully into the role of president and CEO, I want to make a pledge to the USGBC community that I will focus on five areas of growth:
- Own the vision for USGBC and work hard to inspire others to share in its ownership.
- Provide resources to our community that will help everyone to grow and lead.
- Help shape the culture of the green building movement to be as inclusive, diverse and innovative as possible.
- Strive to make decisions that will serve our interests in both the short and long term.
- Deliver on USGBC’s performance by never losing sight of our market transformation vision.
My passion for sustainability is a reflection of the culture in which I was raised. Living sustainably has always been central to my beliefs—as you know, I grew up in India, where I learned to do more with less. I saw firsthand that communities can be transformed through meaningful investments and true sustainability.
What some of you may not know is how enormously grateful I am to work on behalf of a movement with a mission that I truly support. I am so proud to have the opportunity to give back, and I truly believe that our work is making an enormous impact on our future and on the planet. I love what I do, and I love knowing that we are working toward the greater good.
So many of you are affiliated with USGBC because you want to make a difference. You are committed to making the world a better place and influencing others to do better. I will continue to foster that spirit as we enter a new era, and I ask that you continue to be the passionate and committed people that you are.
I am inspired by your dedication every day. I look forward to our future together as we LEED on!