Feature image credit: Joshua Ness.
With the IMPACT Benchmarking Challenge from USGBC Tennessee, buildings will set a score for energy, water and waste with the Arc performance platform by June 30, 2018. Participating buildings will have until September 30 to improve their score in one or all categories. The buildings showing the highest scores at the end of the competition will be celebrated at the USGBC Tennessee IMPACT Conference this fall.
- Sign up as a competition participant. Any building may compete. Buildings certified as or registered with LEED have free access to the Arc performance platform, and competition participants using non-LEED spaces will have their registration fees waived until October 1. Instructions on accessing the platform will be provided after you complete the sign-up form.
- Using the instructions provided, register your building in Arc and upload data by June 30, 2018. Interested participants will be invited to an Arc tutorial webinar in June. Additional resources are available below.
- Save energy, water and waste. Engage occupants and building managers in improving your scores. Links to suggested strategies are available below, and volunteer mentors are available to set up a resource-saving coaching session with your team. Indicate in your sign-up form if you’d like to be paired with a coach.
- Update your data in Arc by September 30. Buildings with the highest energy, water waste and overall Arc scores will be honored at USGBC Tennessee’s IMPACT conference in Nashville this October.
LEED Operations and Maintenance guidance
- LEED v4 Building Operations and Maintenance Credit Library
- Education @USGBC's LEED AP O+M course playlist
Strategies for saving energy, water and waste
- USGBC ADVANCE Focus Action Sheets
- Education @USGBC's Key Concepts for Facility Professionals course playlist
- Energy Star's Green Team Checklist
- Energy Star Knowledge Base on energy, water and waste resource management
- TVA EnergyRight Solutions
- Urban Green Lab Resources
For questions, contact Cindy Zork, Director, USGBC Tennessee community.