LEED® is about transforming markets in pursuit of our shared vision of green buildings for everyone within this generation. Getting there requires continuous improvement—evolving, changing and adapting as we lead the industry to a healthy and sustainable built environment.
LEED is at the forefront of this charge, and it too must evolve along the way. LEED v4 represents the next step forward, and it’s time to begin winding down its predecessor. Accordingly, registration for all v3 rating systems will close on Oct. 31, 2016. GBCI® will continue to accept applications for certification until the v3 sunset in 2021.
Please note: Oct. 31, 2016 will be the last day to register new projects under any of the following LEED v3 rating systems:
- LEED for New Construction (and Italia NC) v2009
- LEED for Core and Shell v2009
- LEED for Schools v2009
- LEED for Retail: New Construction v2009
- LEED for Retail: Commercial Interiors v2009
- LEED for Healthcare v2009
- LEED for Commercial Interiors v2009
- LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance v2009
- LEED for Neighborhood Development v2009
- LEED for Homes v2008
- LEED for Homes Midrise Pilot
- LEED India 2011 (NC & CS)
What do you need to do?
If you are planning to register a project under one of the rating systems listed above, you must register your project by Oct. 31, 2016. After that date, new registrations will only be accepted under LEED v4.
Tips from Eric in customer service on registering your LEED v3 project:
- Payment for registration can be submitted via credit card at the time of registration, or an invoice may be generated to facilitate payment by check, wire or credit card anytime within 90 days of registration. If payment for a LEED v3/2009 project registration has not been received within 90 days after Oct. 31, 2016 (i.e., on or before Jan. 29, 2017) the project will be deactivated, all data in LEED Online will be lost and the only option will be for the project to re-register under LEED v4.
- LEED registrations must be created for a specific building, space or neighborhood project. Registrations may not be transferred to a different project or rating system. For example, if a planned project does not come to fruition, you cannot reuse that registration for a different building, space or neighborhood, nor can the registration fee be refunded.
For projects already registered, there is no effect from the close of registration. These teams should continue with their application process as planned. Initial applications for review will be accepted up to the rating system sunset date on June 30, 2021.