Share your knowledge as a session speaker at the 2020 IMPACT conference. IMPACT will be held May 6, 2020, in St. Paul, Minnesota. This Midwest regional event is hosted by USGBC's local communities of Central Plains, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri Gateway, Nebraska Flatwater, North Dakota and Wisconsin.
We're now accepting session proposals and peer reviewer applications from experienced professionals in green building and schools, design, construction and operations.
Applications are due by Monday, Nov. 11.
IMPACT features educational sessions covering all aspects of sustainable design, construction and operations practices for buildings and communities, including their impact on people, the environment and the economy—locally and nationally.
In 2019, the IMPACT conference was co-located with the Green Schools Conference and Expo. In 2020, IMPACT will be a stand-alone event, but will build upon the success and discussion that took place with the co-located event.
How to participate
Be sure to consult the IMPACT Call for Proposals and Submittal Guide documents to determine where your proposal fits best and how it will be reviewed.
Peer reviewers evaluate session proposals and help maintain the quality of sessions by identifying exceptional presentations. Read the Call for Reviewers document.
Application and review timeline
- Sept. 20, 2019: Call opens for session proposals and peer reviewer applications
- Nov. 11, 2019: Deadline for session proposals
- Nov. 11, 2019: Deadline for peer reviewer applications
- Nov. 18, 2019: Notifications sent for accepted peer reviewers
- Nov. 25, 2019: First round of review begins
- Dec. 11, 2019: First round of review ends
- Jan. 6, 2020: Second round of review and program retreat
- Jan. 14, 2020: Notifications sent for accepted session proposals
- Jan. 23, 2020: Deadline to accept speaker invite
For questions regarding the IMPACT Call for Proposals and peer reviewers, please email Brent Suski.