LEED v4.1 Operations and Maintenance (O+M), Building Design and Construction (BD+C), and Interior Design and Construction (ID+C) are now available for registration in LEED Online. In addition to registering a new LEED v4.1 project, you now have the option of using any and all of the LEED v4.1 prerequisites/credits on your LEED v4 BD+C or ID+C projects.
All credits can be substituted, but the credits below have special implementation guidance:
Visit the LEED v4.1 page for credit requirements, tracked changes from LEED v4, and the LEED v4.1 beta guide. To use any of the LEED v4.1 credits on your LEED v4 projects, follow the steps below. LEED v4 credits can be swapped out for LEED v4.1 equivalents at any time before the project’s final review.
1. In LEED Online, within each credit in your LEED v4 project, you will see a substitution icon on the right side of the credit.
After clicking on this icon, you will see a popup that reads: “I am pursuing a LEED v4.1 credit substitution on this credit. Please see the credit substitution guidance document for instructions and additional documentation requirements.”
2. Click “Confirm” for each credit you plan to substitute. The icon will turn from gray to blue.
3. Complete the LEED v4 PDF form as usual for the credit.
4. Upload any additional documentation, narratives or calculations as outlined in the table above and in the Required Documentation section of each credit in the LEED v4.1 beta guide.
5. Submit credits for review following the standard process.
That’s it! We think you’ll find the LEED v4.1 credits to be user-friendly and approachable, and we look forward to your feedback as you begin to try out these credits.