People really want to know about LEED. Whether they were typed in by members, green building professionals or the general public, the top search terms in 2017 were all about USGBC's flagship green building rating system and credentials.
Take a look at the most popular searches and some resources to go with each one:
- LEED certification: Visit our summary of the rating systems in LEED to see which works best for your project. Based on the number of points achieved, a project can be rated LEED-certified, LEED Silver, LEED Gold or LEED Platinum.
- LEED AP: This credential shows the world your expertise in LEED and green building. Explore our four-week study plan to pass the LEED AP BD+C exam.
- LEED v4: The latest version of LEED offers a flexible, performance-based approach that calls for measurable results throughout a building's life cycle. To learn more, watch our video on LEED v4.
- LEED Green Associate: Start your journey as a green building professional with a LEED Green Associate credential. Some FAQs on the exam process can be found from our Help Center.
- USGBC login: Your usgbc.org account is your one-stop shop to credential maintenance, exam registration, email preferences and your industry bio. Update your profile to make sure it's current.
- LEED Online: Using the LEED Online tool streamlines the way you manage the progress of your project and its documentation, whether you're working on a LEED v4 or LEED 2009 project.
- LEED credit library: The credit library lists all the LEED v4 credits available in pursuing certification for your project. You can use keywords or a filter to narrow results for rating system, pilot credit and regional priority credit.
- Green building: Generally speaking, green building involves the design, construction and operations of buildings with attention to its effects on the environment and human occupants. Explore the benefits of green building.
- What is LEED: This third-party rating system is the globally recognized standard for high-performance green buildings and neighborhoods. Learn more about LEED credits, points and prerequisites and how LEED works with Arc.
- LEED v4 checklist: Project teams can use checklists to track their goals and progress. Download the LEED v4 BD+C checklist or the one for LEED v4 O+M.
We'll be back in 2018 with more articles, tools and resources to answer all your questions on LEED and green building.