GreenCon, USGBC Central Pennsylvania's annual green building conference and expo, will return March 17, 2016. After hosting over 300 attendees in 2015, we are looking forward to making 2016 our most dynamic GreenCon yet. Mark your calendars!
Get your tickets now. Early bird pricing ends Friday, Feb. 19.
Resilient Design: Speeding the Transition to Sustainability—Alex Wilson, Resilient Design Institute
- Collaborative Community Tackles Stormwater Runoff—Carrol Errhart, Skelly and Loy, Inc., 2-3 p.m.
- Creating a Resilient Energy Network of Net Zero Buildings—Brian Patterson, EMerge Alliance, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Developing Campus Resiliency Through a Climate Action Plan—Darren Cassel, The Stone House Group; Ken Shultes, Dickinson College, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Acoustics and Green Design—Christopher Brooks, Acoustic Distinctions, 2-3 p.m.
- Rain Gardens: Making Them Work Long-Term for Your Site—Charity Kadwill, Site Design Concepts, Inc., 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Trials and Tribulations of Occupancy in a LEED Platinum Building—Moderated by Kimberly Fuhrman, LSC Design, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Panelists: Amy Myers, LSC Design; Kevin Murphy, Berks County Community Foundation; Anna Siefken, Green Building Alliance
- Commissioning for Human Health in Residential Projects—Scott Pusey, Steven Winter Associates, 2-3 p.m.
- Improving National Health Through Energy Efficiency—Alan Neuner, Geisinger Health System, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Mechanical System Evaluations and Selection: A Cornerstone of Sustainable Design—Jeffrey Straub, Crabtree Rohrbaugh & Associates, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Facility Management Roundtable: Sustainability Practices, Resilient Facilities—Christopher Hodges, Facility Engineering Associates, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Facility Management Strategies in a Sustainable Built Environment—Moderated by Robert Kleimenhagen, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, 2-3 p.m.
- Panelists: Michele Sinadinos, TE Connectivity; Jack Christensen, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission; Ken Shultes, Dickinson College
- Opposite Sides of the Same Coin: Owner’s Project Requirements and Basis of Design—Todd Reed, Energy Opportunities; Brian Toevs, Beta Engineers, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- The bMORE Resilient CO*OP—Carri Beers, brennan + company architects; Michael Hindle, Passive to Positive, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Resilient Housing Lab—LSC Design: Jonathan Wehri, Danielle Stehman, Amy Kleinfelter and Jessica Lapano, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Understanding the LEED Pilot Credits on Resilient Design—Marcus Sheffer, Energy Opportunities; Alex Wilson, Resilient Design Institute, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Pittsburgh 2030 District: Inspiring a Community Towards Measurable Performance—Anna Siefken, Green Building Alliance, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- The Legal Side of Green—Hannah Dowd McPhelin, Pepper Hamilton LLP; David J. Tshudy, Pepper Hamilton LLP, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- The New Code Green: From LEED v4 to the IgCC2015, from ASHRAE 189.1 to Passive House—Stuart Kaplow, Stuart D. Kaplow, P.A., 2-3 p.m.
- Introduction the LBC Material Petal—Marcus Sheffer, Energy Opportunities, 2-3 p.m.
- Johnson Controls and Battery Power—Graham Morin, Johnson Controls Inc., 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Solid Waste Management: HAJJ Saudi Arabia—Steve Deasy, Sustainable Resources Consulting, LLC; Hany Hassaballa, GeoDecisions, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Team Green: Dickinson Kline Center Brings Sustainability to Athletics—Ted Miller, Wagman Construction; Ken Shultes, Dickinson College