Our education committees comprise volunteers and staff with green building and education expertise. Their perspectives, intelligence, innovation and vision enable USGBC to develop high-quality educational programs and resources.
Communities & Affordable Homes Summit at Greenbuild Advisory Group
The Communities & Affordable Homes Summit at Greenbuild Advisory Group is responsible for the development and delivery of educational programming intended to meet the needs of attendees at the Summit on Tuesday, October 4, 2016, at the annual Greenbuild International Conference & Expo in Los Angeles, California.
- Eva Blake, YouthBuild USA
- Kevin Bush, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Kevin Holland, National Organization of Minority Architects
- Michael Kadish, GRID Alternatives Greater Los Angeles
- Marty Keller, First Community Housing
- Chris McKenzie, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Tom Osdoba, Enterprise Community Partners Inc.
- Clare Rosenberger, Neighborworks America
- Ellen Sargent, Chicago Housing Authority
- Wayne Waite, California Housing Partnership
- Walker Wells, Global Green
- Kimberly Lewis, USGBC
- Roger Platt, USGBC
- Ryan Snow, USGBC
- Bryan Howard, USGBC
- Casey Studhalter, USGBC
- Haley Warson, USGBC
- Rina Brule, USGBC
Education Events Committee
The Education Events Committee (EEC) oversees the development of all USGBC educational platform opportunities, including events, conferences and summits promoting the adoption of green design, building and operations practices.
The committee directs and advises related working groups to support USGBC’s mission and educational objectives.
- Education Events Committee Co-Chair: Amanda Langweil, Perkins + Will
- USGBC Staff Co-Chair: Kate Hurst, USGBC
- Rachel Cuthbert, INVISION Architecture
- Mimi Diez, Architect of the Capitol
- Felipe Faria, Green Building Council Brasil
- Nadine Gudz, Interface
- Brad Jones, Cadmus
- Thomas Kelly, UTC Carrier
- Bob Maddox, Sterling Planet
- Rishi Tirupari, Las Vegas Sands
- Gregg Woodruff (PWG Chair), Langan Engineering & Environmental Services
Program Working Group
The Greenbuild Program Working Group (PWG) works under the direction of the Education Events Committee. The working group oversees the development and delivery of educational programming intended to meet the needs of attendees to the annual Greenbuild International Conference and Expo.
- Program Working Group Chair: Gregg Woodruff, Langan Engineering & Environmental Services
- Lauren Brust, Noresco
- Dustin Davis, Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects
- Michael DeVuono, T&M Associates
- Alex Dews, Delaware Valley Green Building Council
- Miranda Gardiner, Stantec
- Chris Garvin, Terrapin Bright Green
- Myer Harrell, Weber Thompson
- Jackie Henke, TD Bank
- Kim Ilardi, The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Sharon Refvem, Hawley Peterson & Snyder Architects
- Annette Stelmack, Inspirit-Llc
- Bill Worthen, Urban Fabrick, Inc.
Special Programs Working Group
The Greenbuild Special Programs Working Group oversees the development and delivery of innovative educational programs, formats and conference features. This group is charged with the continued evolution of the Greenbuild brand and ensuring cutting-edge conference offerings.
The Greenbuild Special Programs Working Group works under the direction of, and in close collaboration with, the Education Events Committee to support USGBC’s mission and educational objectives.
- Special Programs Working Group Chair: Nadine Gudz, Interface Inc.
- Lisa Barnard, BASF
- Grace Carlson, Carlson Studio Architecture
- Barbara Fanning, Mindswing Consulting
- Marieke Lacasse, GGLO
- Ariane Laxo, HGA Architects and Engineers
- Mike Lehman, ConTech Lighting
- Rashida Mogri, Gensler
- Susan Papadakis, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
- Helen Rubinstein, Cosentini Associates
- Michael Sobkowiak, Green Building Alliance
- Sharlyn Thacker, Sharlyn Thacker, CID, ASID, LEED AP BD+C
- Silvia Themudo, Buro Happold Engineering
- Charles Vescoso, American Technical Publishers