USGBC Maryland is pleased to announce the finalists for our 2019 Wintergreen Leadership Awards. These prestigious awards recognize excellence in high-performance building design and environmental stewardship and community impact, as well as highlighting the green building initiatives and achievements of Maryland projects, businesses and community members.
Our project awards recognize and celebrate building owners and project teams for their extra effort to accomplish LEED certification. Awards will be given in multiple categories. To be eligible, projects must be located in Maryland and must have received LEED certification between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2018.
- Annapolis Junction Town Center Office Building
- City of Annapolis Water Treatment Plant
- HCLS Elkridge Branch and DIY Education Center and Elkridge 50+ Center
- Lyndhurst Elementary School expansion and renovation
- M&T Bank Stadium Arc performance pathway recertification
- Merriweather District Area 3
- Ravens Under Armour Performance Center Addition
- University of Maryland, Baltimore Health Sciences Facility Phase III
- University of Maryland Edward St. John Learning and Teaching Center
Additional awards will also be given to recognize green leaders, including Organization of the Year and Volunteer of the Year, which honor an organization and a community volunteer who have gone above and beyond in their support of USGBC and in advancing green building in the state of Maryland. Wintergreen attendees will also have the opportunity to vote to decide the winner of the People’s Choice Award. All projects nominated for an award will be eligible.
We hope you’ll join us on March 7 as we announce our winners and celebrate all our nominees, along with the green building innovators from across the state that have made Maryland a national leader in sustainability.