USGBC New Jersey is a State-wide community of professionals, businesses, innovators and community leaders working to accomplish a bold vision: healthy, green, and energy-efficient buildings and communities.
As New Jersey’s green building advocate and education resource, USGBC NJ provides excellent educational programs, events, green building tours, and networking. Our members represent the entire spectrum of New Jersey’s green building community.
For over 17 years USGBC NJ has served as the meeting ground, catalyst, and propeller for sustainability-minded individuals in building-related professions. Through USGBC NJ, LEED® and green building in general, have found fertile ground in New Jersey. USGBC NJ was formed in 2003 and has been a positive force for green building and sustainability ever since. Some highlights include:
- Helped to educate thousands of people about LEED and other related topics (many at no cost thanks to grants from the NJ Department of Labor);
- Significantly impacted advocacy in our state (NJ leads the nation with 37 LEED bills introduced, largely due to USGBC NJ);
- Supported greening schools;
- Nurtured Emerging Professionals;
- Hosted underserved kids for environmental education days;
- Assisted municipalities in going green;
- Been front and center in strengthening the NJ community of green building professionals across a variety of fields, and much more!
The field of green building has changed dramatically since 2003, and we New Jerseyans have grown to meet the challenges. Join USGBC NJ today - as a member, as a sponsor - and together we can create a more sustainable New Jersey.
Completed a project you would like to celebrate? Let us know.
Why become a member of USGBC New Jersey? A membership offers the chance to get involved in your community, support local green building efforts and connect with other professionals who value sustainability.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts. Members always pay less (or sometimes, nothing at all!) for educational and networking events, so membership quickly pays for itself. Members also never pay ticketing fees.
- Networking. Members have valuable opportunities to connect with local green building professionals at social, educational and volunteer events.
- Leadership. Members can make a difference in the local community and build leadership skills by serving on one of our committees.
- Education. Members can take advantage of frequent learning sessions to stay informed regarding industry trends and keep credentials current.