Procrastinators' Weekend Project Tour
Need help? Visit Education @USGBC Help
A tour of 4 LEED projects on the Berea Campus: Deep Green Residence Hall (LEED Platinum and Living Building Challenge Petal Certified), Dana Hall, Bingham Hall (construction site) and Boone Tavern.
Rating system: v2009
This course is approved for GBCI CE hours, but is not available through Education @USGBC.
- Understand how Deep Green Residence Hall achieved 35/35 credits for Energy and Atmosphere
- Understand unique features that contributed to Boone Tavern earning 12/15 credits for Indoor Environmental Quality
- Articulte the innovation credits (6/6) and regional priority credits (4/4) and how they contributed to the Dana Hall certification
- Understand the importance of Sustainable Sites practices during construction at Bingham Hall, including stormwater design, habitat protection.
- Understand construction waste management at Bingham Hall, including segregated recycling and materials reuse
- Recognize Berea's work-learning-service program for students, how students contributed to the construction and furnishings of campus buildings.
- Understand regional materials credit, and know how wood harvested from Berea's own 8500-acre FSC forest is used in construction and furniture.
© 2021 U.S. Green Building Council |