Understanding Key Concepts in LEED
Need help? Visit Education @USGBC Help1201 completions
This course is aimed at anyone who is working on a LEED project and wants to get a better understanding of some of the concepts and terms that have very specific meaning or application in both LEED 2009 and LEED v4. The course will review these, provide examples, and help clarify how to apply these on your project.
Program: LEED 2009, LEED v4
Rating system: v4, v2009
- Recall LEED v4 requirements for the project boundary including campus and shared spaces.
- Determine building occupancy, including numbers of Full Time Equivalent employees for shift workers and part time workers.
- Contrast between LEED 2009 straight line radius and LEED v4 walking distance.
- Identify situations which call for the use of an uneven gender ratio.
- Recall the LEED definitions of biomass, cradle to gate and private lavatory faucets.