Energize Denver: ENERGY STAR Benchmarking Jam
This high-energy jam session will not only help you benchmark your building, but also help you develop strategies to improve building performance and decrease utility bills.
Bring your laptop and energy usage data for your building and go through the entire benchmarking process in-person with experts in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager!
You will work in teams with benchmarking experts to benchmark your building using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Teams will also identify strategies for increased performance and decreased utility bills.
This workshop is to supplement Energize Denver Benchmarking Ordinance Trainings. Participants must collect preliminary data about their building prior to attending including gross floor area and basic property usage details.
Participants will also need to either bring calendar year 2016 energy usage data or else ensuring they are an authorized user for that building's Xcel Energy account so the data can be found during the Jam session.
- Establish an account in ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® and enter information about your building(s), including the Denver Building ID
- Set-up auto-upload of utility usage data with Xcel Energy.
- Analyze your energy use to identify opportunities for increased performance.
- Determine eligibility to achieve ENERGY STAR® certification.
- Set clear performance goals in ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® for your buildings' energy use.
- Submit your benchmarking report to the City and County of Denver to comply with the new benchmarking ordinance.
Light snacks, refreshments and coffee will be served.
USGBC is a movement of community leaders, professionals, businesses and innovators working to accomplish a single bold vision: healthy, efficient and equitable buildings and communities for all. Join USGBC Colorado today.