New Terrain Brewery Tour (Metro Branch)
Join USGBC Colorado Metro Branch for a sustainable brewery tour of New Terrain Brewing Company in Golden.
Tucked by the base of North Table Mountain overlooking the foothills, New Terrain opened in 2016 and hit the ground running with unique and exploratory combinations of ingredients to produce craft beers in a welcoming environment.
While the beer has been the main attraction of New Terrain, the site selection and building design features have made the facility and production areas unique to the Front Range. Studio DH incorporated both water and energy efficiency strategies during both the planning and design process to reflect New Terrain's commitment to preserving Colorado's natural resources and environmental stewardship.
Xcel Energy is currently developing an energy efficiency case study to highlight the brewery's design features. During the tour, attendees will learn about New Terrain's brewing process, as well as how sustainability has been incorporated into their facility design and operations.
*Note: Attendee registration fee includes one free beer following the tour.
- Learn about how New Terrain minimized environmental impacts during the site selection process when determining a development location.
- See unique energy efficiency features that were incorporated into the building's design specific to a brewery's unique requirements.
- Learn about water conservation and quality strategies utilized during construction and operation.
- Hear about New Terrain's community and employee engagement initiatives and programs, as they relate to sustainability.
This tour is approved for 1 GBCI hour.
- John Schneider, CEM, XCel Energy
- Josh Robbins, Founder & Brewmaster @ New Terrain Brewing Company
- Justin Fries, Partner & Architect @ Studio DH Architecture
USGBC is a movement of community leaders, professionals, businesses and innovators working to accomplish a single bold vision: healthy, efficient and equitable buildings and communities for all. Join the USGBC Colorado community today.