Road to Greenbuild
Overnight accommodations: Please note that your registration for Road to Greenbuild does not include an overnight room. If you plan to stay overnight, please be sure to reserve your room by Aug. 15 to take advantage of the discounted room rate of $185/night (plus tax & service charge). Call 855-345-7759, select option 1, and identify our Group Name, "Road to Greenbuild" to receive the discounted rate. You will be required to pay a one-night deposit when making your reservation. Cancellation policy: you must cancel 7 days prior to arrival in order to get a full refund on your hotel room.
Please join us at Skytop Lodge in northeastern Pennsylvania, as we get ready for this exciting event in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Green building leaders from the Mid-Atlantic Region will join us in networking, learning, and anticipating all that is ahead at Greenbuild.
We are honored to feature George Bandy, Jr., Vice President of Sustainability for Mohawk Group, as our evening keynote speaker.
George is a highly sought after presenter on key topics such as the business of sustainability, biophilic design, social sustainability, circular economy, greening the supply chain, health and wellness in the built environment, and innovative smart design. Prior to joining Mohawk Group, George worked for Interface, where he most recently served as the flooring company's vice president of sustainability.
- To build momentum for the world's largest green building conference & expo this November in Boston, Massachusetts
- At least two hours of dedicated networking time with green building professionals in the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Four hours of GBCI & AIA continuing education
- Optional green building tour of Northampton Community College's LEED Gold campus on Saturday morning
- $84/night in savings on your overnight accommodations at Skytop via our group discount (must reserve your room by Aug. 15 to take advantage of this offer)
- Escape from the hustle & bustle to a 5,500-acre luxury resort in the Poconos, where you can dine, bike, hike, fish, kayak, golf, swim, lawn bowl, zip line, rock climb, or relax in the spa. View a complete description of all the adventures that await your family at Skytop Lodge.
Friday, Sept. 15
- 1 p.m. — Kickoff Road to Greenbuild
- 1:30 p.m. — Education session: Arc - live demo & case study
- 2:30 p.m. — Education session: Ramboland - A Local, Living Laboratory for Regenerative Development - Max Zahniser, LEED Fellow
- 3:30 p.m. — Break
- 4:15 p.m. — Education session: Phipps Conservatory's Center for Sustainable Landscapes
- 5:15 p.m. — Discussion tables
- 6 p.m. — Dinner buffet
- 7 p.m. — Keynote by George Bandy, Jr, Vice President of Sustainability, Mohawk Group
- 8-9 p.m. — Cocktail reception
Saturday, Sept. 16
- 8 a.m. — Breakfast buffet
- 9 a.m. — Depart for tour of Northampton Community College's Monroe Campus, a U.S. Department of Education Postsecondary Sustainability Awardee and LEED Gold campus
To reduce greenhouse gas emissions, we have established a free online carpool signup. If you are willing to drive, please select "Add your car" and fill in your departure location & time. If you'd like to join an existing carpool, click "Join." Or, if there are not any drivers listed yet from your area, please sign up for the "Waitlist" to be added to a car eventually.Sign up to carpool
Free coach buses to Skytop are being offered by our Regional Host Sponsor, Mohawk Group:
- From Philadelphia for those attendees staying Friday - Saturday
- From Harrisburg for those attendees staying Friday - Sunday
USGBC is a movement of community leaders, professionals, businesses and innovators working to accomplish a single bold vision: healthy, efficient and equitable buildings and communities for all. Join USGBC Central Pennsylvania or USGBC New York Upstate today.
© 2021 U.S. Green Building Council |