Total 15 commentsLeave a comment

Hi, I'm doing a research about LEED HOMES and I'd like you to help me solving some questions like for example: 1. Which year did LEED HOMES start in? 2. Which countries have certified with this type of method and if there is any one in Latin America even in Peru? 3. Before this methodology which method or tool of LEED evaluate the housing? 4. Can apply a social housing to this certification? 5. What advantages does LEED HOMES method have now? 6. What are the scores and the weights considered according to the category of Impacts? Thank you
Green Building Specialist, U.S. Green Building Council
Hi Estela, thank you for your interest in LEED for Homes. I have responded to your questions below. I hope this helps! 1. LEED for Homes started in 2005. 2. You can review the LEED for Homes 2016 International Market Update for an overview of many of the countries that have pursued certification through LEED for Homes, including several in Latin America and Peru. 3. LEED for Homes was the first LEED rating system to certify single-family housing. High-rise multifamily projects could pursue certification through LEED BD+C: New Construction. 4. Yes - social housing can pursue certification through LEED for Homes. 5. LEED for Homes is tailored to residential construction practices and provides a model of on-site testing and verification to support the project team throughout construction. You might also be interested in reviewing the LEED in Motion: Residential report which highlights the numbers, knowledge and resources you need to keep pace with the rapidly growing green homes market ( We have also shared several articles indicating the benefits of LEED certification and green home building: and 6. I would recommend reviewing the LEED for Homes Reference Guide and workbook for an overview of prerequisites and possible points across credits. Both of these resources can be found in the LEED for Homes: Guide to Certification (
Enter your comment First of all we are builders & developers in multi storied residential apartment.I want to know more about the green building towards shaping our upcoming projects to a green project with a spirit of giving the best to our valued customers. I personally take it as a challenge to be a part of creating awareness towards the healthy & long life of human beings. Can we make our ongoing project also to a green buildings? Pl guide & suggest with contact person details. Rajat prasad Bangalore,India
Principal, Emerald Built Environments
Reading through the requirements, it seems the Green Rater and LEED for Homes Provider are required for Homes, but i didn't see where it was required for Midrise. Do we need to include a Green Rater & LEED for homes provider if we are pursuing LEED for Homes: Midrise Certification?
LEED Specialist, U.S. Green Building Council
Hi Matthew, thank you for your question! Yes, all LEED for Homes rating systems, including Midrise, require a Green Rater and Homes Provider. The LEED for Homes process is outlined in the 'Guide to Certification: Homes' which can be found here:
How long is a certification valid?
Membership, Credentialing, and Education Specialist, U.S. Green Building Council
Hi Anna, great question! Once your LEED for Homes project achieves LEED certification your project is certified. There is no re-certification process. I hope that helps and thank you for your interest!
green building consultant, CHINA GREENTOWN
what is Green Rater and Home Provider? If I'd like to register a LEED-home project, should I take the exam and become the green rater? Or just appoint a green rater and homes provider when registering?
LEED Specialist, U.S. Green Building Council
HI Yifan Yang Thank you for your interest in becoming a Green Rater. For more information, please check out this article:
Hi Nora, it is compulsory if i want to write the leed home certification exam before i have to write the green associate and building design and construction certification. already i have bachelor civil engineering degree . please suggest me note-: i don't have any additional certifications
., .
Thank you for your interest in becoming a LEED AP Homes credential holder. Yes, we require candidates for the LEED AP Homes who do not currently hold the LEED Green Associate to take the combined exam. Because our eligibility requirements are degree agnostic, we do require that even professional with advanced degrees in architecture, engineering and other related disciplines take both the LEED Green Associate as a stand-alone exam or as part one of the combined exam. I would recommend taking the Green Associate exam first, which means taking the exams separately. However, here are some pros and cons that help inform your decision: Pros: 1. The combined exam offers a direct path to earning the LEED AP with specialty. 2. You may find it convenient to test on the same day. There is a normal delay in posting your exam results to registering for the next exam seating. Cons: 1. This could require more studying at one time. 2. You must pass both parts to earn the specialty. This is true, even if you pass the specialty exam (part 2) and fail the Green Associate exam (part 1). However, if you take the specialty exam and only pass part 1, you can become a Green Associate. Finally, you can learn more about the LEED Green Associate exam here: You can learn more about the specialty credentials in the respective candidate handbook here:
Manager, Perspectiv.A
Is there any live course for getting the LEED+Home Certificate in Los Angeles area?
Director, Customer Service, U.S. Green Building Council
Please check with your local chapter (, or consider the many LEED for Homes courses online (
how do I register a project?
Digital Marketing Director, U.S. Green Building Council
Hi Yoko, please visit LEED Online to register a project.

Leave a comment Don't have an account? Create one

You must be signed in to leave a comment.