What is the USGBC Faculty Program and how can I apply?
USGBC Faculty is a global network of credible, qualified instructors, teachers and facilitators with deep expertise in and passion for sustainability that cuts across sectors, cultures and geographies. For more than a decade, USGBC Faculty members have played a leading role in our movement to enhance the way buildings and communities are designed, built and operated. Their deep expertise on a broad range of sustainability themes— from rating systems to real estate— makes them highly sought after presenters of both information and inspiration. The USGBC Faculty designation is a distinction that opens opportunities.
USGBC Faculty applicants possess:
- Unrivaled passion for delivering top-notch sustainability education
- A GBCI-issued professional credential, such as LEED AP BD+C, SITES AP, etc.
- Successful experiences delivering green building and sustainability education within the past 24 months
- Excellent skills in public speaking, instruction and facilitation
USGBC Faculty in good standing:
- Maintain a GBCI-issued professional credential
- Maintain high quality instruction based on attendee evaluations
- Serve as presenter, instructor or facilitator for 3 or more green building and sustainability offerings per year
- Complete at least one quarterly Faculty briefing per year
- Make a contribution to the body of knowledge on green building and sustainability through publications, blogs, white papers, etc.
- Pay an annual fee of $500
Those selected to become Faculty gain visibility across USGBC’s digital platforms, up-to-date instructional resources and exclusive training opportunities that enable them to maintain their competitive edge in the market. These benefits are rounded out by a complimentary Education @USGBC subscription and a complimentary GBCI course review.
If you are interested in becoming a WELL Faculty member, please visit wellcertified.com/education/well-faculty.Apply to join the USGBC Faculty Program