Which LEED AP with specialty exam would be most appropriate for me? | U.S. Green Building Council
Please upgrade your browser. This site requires a newer version to work correctly. Read more

LEED Professionals

Which LEED AP with specialty exam would be most appropriate for me?


The LEED AP credential arms you with advanced knowledge in green building as well as expertise in a particular LEED rating system. We offer the following five LEED AP with specialty credentials:

  • LEED AP BD+C (building design + construction): Suits professionals with expertise in the design and construction phases of green buildings, serving the commercial, residential, education and healthcare sectors.
  • LEED AP ID+C (interior design + construction): Serves participants in the design, construction and improvement of commercial interiors and tenant spaces that offer a healthy, sustainable and productive work environment.
  • LEED AP O+M (operations + maintenance): Distinguishes professionals implementing sustainable practices, improving performance, heightening efficiency and reducing environmental impact in existing buildings through enhanced operations and maintenance.
  • LEED AP ND (neighborhood development): Applies to individuals participating in the planning, design and development of walkable, neighborhoods and communities.
  • LEED AP Homes (residential): Suited for those involved in the design and construction of healthy, durable homes that use fewer resources and produce less waste.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask a question

Have a question or comment?


(within U.S.)


(outside U.S.)

M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST


U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296


2101 L Street, NW
Suite 500
Washington DC 20037